Your Sexual Orientation?

Go down

Your Sexual Orientation?

Post  Brooklyn on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Let it be noted that since this topic is dealing with attraction, the content might get a little mature, but anything explicit is not welcomed. Let's be adults about this. But you've been forewarned about this thread's potentially mature nature.

More and more in entertainment media, there have been characters introduced that are of varying sexual orientation. It's certainly an effective way to raise awareness about different sexual orientations.

So what's your sexual orientation?

I identify as being a grey-asexual which basically mean that I'm not as sexual as sexuals and not as asexual as asexuals. I'm in between. My orientation would have to be panromantic because I see people as merely people, not girls and guys. Gender is kinda irrelevant to me.
Brooklyn
Casual Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Sexual Orientation?

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Interesting. So would you consider your sexuality defined, as in you're confident that that's your sexuality, or would you say that it's more undefined, as there's a possibility you haven't been attracted to anyone in a sexual matter yet?

And for myself, I'm absolutely boring. I'm pretty sure I'm a female with lots of testosterone (Well, for a female. And yes, for those reading this and thinking, "What? Females can't have testosterone, they have oestrogen!" you'd be surprised. And yes, this does mean that males have oestrogen.) as I'm always attracted to masculine males (Females with higher testosterone levels are attracted to more manly guys.). I've only had three crushes in my tiny life time, and it's gone from feminine guys before puberty to full-on masculine guys nearing the end of puberty. Or at least, I sure hope puberty hasn't ended yet. It hasn't given me much. Razz

I mean, I'm a tolerant person and I'm not homophobic. But I must admit that I only find myself sexually attracted the more masculine male forms and I would never fool around with a fellow female out of curiousity.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://geekretreat.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooklyn on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I wouldn't say that I'm 100% sure yet since I discovered the term "asexual" recently, but I'm still fairly sure. When people talk about guys and who they think is attractive, I have nothing to contribute because I'm not physically attracted to them.

A person's personality can attract me. Like just today I had lunch with this guy who was just really fun and didn't care much about what his image was, just being himself. His transparency was definitely an attractive feature of his, but not in a sexual way, more like an admirable way, that he's respectable. Being asexual doesn't imply that you're void of all forms of attraction. While sexual attraction is void, an asexual can be romantically attracted to someone.

But grey-asexuals can experience sexual attraction, but it's rare. I don't think I'm completely void of the capability to be sexually attracted to others, but I don't have the mindset of most sexuals.

Haha, there's nothing boring about a person's orientation; it's just who you are! I also have a lot of testosterone, but it's caused from a medical condition that's common in females. If there are any physical signs that you have more testosterone (such as hair in places it shouldn't be, continuous acne, irregular periods) then you might want to tell your doctor about it because it can escalate into serious problems as serious as complications with child birth.
Brooklyn
Casual Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post  Otaku-chan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Do i happen to be the only person who has never experienced a crush? In a way i feel left out and somewhat lonely. I don't even know why I'm even replying to this.
Otaku-chan
Jabberer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 pm

OK, I think I get what you're saying. So, it's more or less you haven't experienced sexual attraction enough to be confident on what your sexuality is? And that so far, you find yourself emotionally attracted to people? Fair enough. Smile In fact, I think your type of attraction is far more respectable than my kind of attraction and most people's attraction. It sounds like that you really hang on to a person's personality, which I think, is a very cool thing.

I've got to say, I'm superficial in that, yeah, the body does appeal to me. But when I say an extremely masculine guy, I'm talking about the whole package; athletic body, deep voice, leader personality, straight-to-the-point, etc.. And for an either gender point; funny. He's gotta be funny. Though, not to say I'm attracted to dumb guys or jerks; intelligence is sexy. And overall, he's got to be real. I'm only attracted to this kind of guy if I can tell it's who he is and he's not faking it (which I find, is usually fairly easy to tell). My attraction is quite simple, in the sense that I have a type, but it's complicated as there are a few things that get to me that really say that I want him or "meh".

Just to point out, I don't need a tall, muscular, sexy god to get my attention. The second guy I liked, who I liked for two years and I still kind of like him, was probably only a few or so inches taller than me and was kind of skinny, and I'm 5'3". It's really some things like the guy's build (having a well toned body) that shows me that a guy's healthy and that he likes to go out and have fun. Which is good. I don't want to get into a relationship with a guy who's going to die before I do. Or a guy who wants to stay home all the time. That's boring and incredibly depressing.

But on the more superficial side of things, a guy's jawline can really get to me. Like on this show I watch, Drop Dead Diva, the guy who portrays Grayson Kent on the show (his name's Jackson Hurst)... his jawline's incredible. It doesn't help that he has a crooked smile, too. I swear. Crooked smiles? They drive me insane... I get all giddy on the inside (and etcetera) whenever I see him smile on the show. It's really stupid, but there are some little things like that that drive me nuts.

Jackson Hurst's kind of my first celebrity crush. Never understood celebrity crushes until this year, but man, he makes me wanna act wild. Did I mention he has a deep voice? Because he's got an amazing deep voice.

And about the testosterone... hm. Well, I'm not too sure if I do have too much, but there's a chance. I guess I'll ask my doctor next time I see her.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

@Otaku-chan - Well, just because you've never had a crush doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid. We're talking about sexualities here, what people find themselves attracted to in general, so it doesn't mean you have had to liked someone in order to post. Smile

You can perhaps tell us how it feels to have never experienced a crush, or why you haven't, if you know why. This thread's very open to all points of views.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum